Migrating from ConnectR to QIE
Founded in 1959
Deployed QIE and
August – December 2019
EHR & PM
Legacy System Limitations Drive Search for New Solution
Fraught with a legacy interface engine that was increasingly more time-consuming and expensive to manage and with a pending deadline from the vendor to switch to an alternative product, Hutchinson Clinic was driven to search for a new solution. The list of reasons to transition to a new interface engine was growing:
- Limited support.
- System upgrades and network errors were difficult to resolve, at times requiring additional expense of an outside resource.
- Difficulty correcting/managing errors.
- New interface additions were difficult and time-consuming.
- Incompatibility with newest technologies & interoperability protocols.
- An increasing risk of a ransomware attack as potential breeches were rising beyond the capacity of security enhancements to the product.
QVERA INTERFACE ENGINE
A Rapid and
After considering a replacement product from their current interface engine vendor, Hutchinson Clinic decided to move ahead with Keena Healthcare and their preferred IE solution, Qvera Interface Engine (QIE).
Having experience with the Hutchinson’s staff and IT systems, Keena’s interface experts methodically installed QIE creating 15-integration channels while migrating 29 ancillary system interfaces. They also trained staff on error management- all in a 4 month period.
With QIE in place, the IT staff had great visibility and easy access into their entire interface network which significantly improved productivity and saved the organization extra expenses previously required to hire 3rd party resources to assist in system recovery during upgrades.
The move went even better than expected and we're now seeing significant improvements in interface error management, much faster and less costly recovery times from system upgrades and downtime events; and we've dramatically reduced the time to install and manage new system interfaces, as they arise.”
Director of Information Services, Hutchinson Clinic
With the efficient migration of all interfaces to QIE, Hutchinson Clinic quickly recognized multiple benefits of their new interface engine:
- Reduced interface error management time and resources.
- Reduced time and cost to add new interfaces.
- Faster and less costly recovery time from system upgrades/patches and downtime events.
- Streamlined custom SQL reporting process for operational and clinical reporting purposes.
- Expert Keena interface resources available as needed to support new interfaces and major system upgrades.
Providers & Staff
The new interface engine supported access to the latest clinical application technologies and allowed Hutchinson Clinic to replace their dated Radiology system for a newer, preferred solution, eRad.
QIE also facilitated easy access and visibility to all clinical information systems with the added ability to leverage SQL queries and custom reporting. As a result, the group was able to manage and improve quality and productivity
- Improved workflow by significantly reducing time previously required to find missing or errantly indexed
- Significantly improved timely access to clinical and administrative documents resulting in improved care
- Reduced risk and errors associated with missing critical patient data and patient follow-up.