Altera & Veradigm Bulletin
Automating Document Management,
Printout Tips & Advisory Services
Welcome to the second issue of the Keena Bulletin
The latest news, information, and tips for our Altera clients.
What’s the Buzz this month?
Automating Document Management & Provider Tasking
How are you currently managing timely and accurate filing of unstructured clinical documents? Do you experience treatment delays because manually uploading content takes days? Delayed Provider tasking and treatment plans can affect clinical outcomes and patient safety. There are options available to improve the situation.
how can we help?
We can streamline your incoming document scanning/indexing down to 24-hrs! And our automated physician tasking capability is proven to improve workflow. It’s a big deal to have relevant data a clinician needs to make an appropriate care decision in the patient’s record in a timely manner.
OUR RECOMMENDED SOLUTION
Keena’s InteleFiler combines the ability to quickly and accurately automate scanning/indexing inbound clinical documents, with the added capability to automate order tasking and reconciliation for providers.
Did You Know
documents remain unfiled for every 100 providers
reported accuracy rate with InteleFiler
decrease in manual document filing with InteleFiler
DID YOU KNOWThat InteleFiler is the result of blending two proven solutions into one?
- InteleFiler leverages SmartFilerTM, a widely used document management solution from our strategic partner, DISC Corporation – to analyze each digital document and electronic fax to identify its date, the patient’s name, document type, and associated provider.
- InteleFiler then leverages that information to route the document to the proper medical record, assigns an appropriate task to the associated provider and automatically resolves most indexing issues.
- The combined process is fast, ensures documents are available to clinicians when and where needed, and keeps your HIM operation running effectively.
Need something else automated or data cleanup?
Spotlight on Advisory Services
Look to Keena’s Advisory Services to provide experienced, leading healthcare consultants- many who have previously worked for organizations like yours and are managing clients facing similar challenges. Here is a sampling of our offerings:
Business Strategy and Operations Advisory
In the best of times, hiring and maintaining a loyal staff of skilled HIT labor can be a problematic. Dealing with a tight labor market requires fast-moving creative strategies to stay competitive and keep staffing levels in a place that will allow you to complete important IT projects. Our team will evaluate your project load, staffing requirements and the labor market to determine the best plan to address your needs.
Budget Planning and ROI Analysis
Confronted with a growing list of priorities, healthcare organizations are faced with tough decisions when it comes time to budget for competing IT projects. Having consultants with direct healthcare experience means we understand your complex budgeting process.
The challenge of managing a complex healthcare IT department can often lead to unforeseen biases that otherwise might be overlooked by an independent third party. Keena’s exclusive executive consultant advisory team will work closely with your IT leadership to improve the value of your current IT investments and work with you to align your business and technology strategies for success.
Look for an update on our Clinical Advisory Services in the next Keena Bulletin!
InteleFiler has allowed Murfreesboro Medical Clinic to automate the outside file-to-chart workflow process and has resulted in improving our efficiency, saving our medical records team significant time by eliminating manual scanning and indexing tasks.
Because of this automation, we have seen an increase in document indexing accuracy and turnaround time helping to improve the overall efficiency of care delivered by our providers.”
Got a TWEHR Question,
Tip or Trick?
Send Us a Note →
Issues with Printouts?
Do the preview vs hardcopy differ?
Did you know that these TouchWorks printouts (crystal reports) live in 3 different locations?
- Print Previews – pull based on the rpt file on the web server
- Hardcopy Printouts – pull based on the rpt file on the print server
- Fax Outputs – pull based on the rpt file on the fax server
* If outputs appear different, try copying the accurate .rpt to the other location for an easy fix.